International Exchange Students
How to Apply
- Complete the International Exchange Application by April 1 (for fall admission) or October 1 (for spring admission).
- Include the following documents required for an I-20 certificate of eligibility:
- Statement of English Competency from student's school
- Record of all previous and current college/university coursework
- Proof of financial guarantee (bank statement or letter from bank
When your materials have been received and approved, the admission office will issue an I-20 certificate. You will then receive a letter of acceptance and information on housing,
transportation and other details.
- Take the I-20 and proof of financial support to the U.S.
Consulate or Embassy to apply for a foreign student visa.
- Complete the Residence Life housing application form. Once your
application has been processed, you will receive additional
information about housing, meals, and student life.
- Make travel arrangements and notify the Admission office of travel plans.
If you are arriving for the fall semester and continuing to
the spring semester, please note that Oglethorpe's residence halls
close during Winter Break, between the fall and spring semesters.
are not permitted to live in the residence halls during this time. Click here to view the Residence Life calendar of important dates.
Please let us know how the Oglethorpe staff can assist you as you prepare to study at OU.
Melinda Peerboom, International Admission Counselor
Megan Fanoe, Assistant to the Vice President for Enrollment
David Dixon, Assistant Director of Admission
Janet Wood, Coordinator of Academic Programs