Lupton Hall, built in 1920 and
named for Chattanooga Coca-Cola bottler John Thomas Lupton, is one of the three original
buildings on the present Oglethorpe University campus. Recently renovated, it contains
primarily administrative offices, including the Office of the President, Office of the Provost, faculty offices
and classrooms. The offices of Admission, Advancement, Business Services, Financial
Aid, Human Resources and the Registrar are also located in Lupton Hall. The cast-bell carillon in the
Lupton tower has 42 bells which chime the quarter hours.
The next stop is Phoebe Hearst Hall