Return to Psychology Home
2011 Psi Chi induction ceremony
Psi Chi, the National Honor Society in Psychology, was founded in
1929. The Oglethorpe chapter began in 1985 and continues to be
active on campus. In the past, Psi Chi has hosted psychology movie
nights, game nights and organizational events for members only
(i.e., Trivia Night at Mellow Mushroom). Induction into Psi Chi
occurs every fall and spring semester. To become a member, you need
the following qualifications:
- Must be a psychology major or minor or have a major
psychological in nature, such as biopsychology or behavioral
sciences and human resource management.
- Have completed at least 3 semesters of college. If you are in
the middle of your third semester, you must wait until the next
semester to apply.
- Have completed at least 3 four-credit psychology classes (not to include statistics).
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.5 in psychology classes.
- Have a minimum overall cumulative GPA of 3.3.
- Pay a one-time $45 national registration fee.
If you meet these qualifications and are interested in joining
Psi Chi, you just need to fill out the application and turn it in to
Dr. John Carton in Hearst 308. Applications for membership are available on the Psychology Bulletin Board (3rd floor of Hearst) and/or located on the Psi Chi website here.
Deadlines for applying to Psi Chi are usually in November for the
fall semester and March for the spring semester, so feel free to
contact any Psi Chi member or Dr. John Carton with any questions. For
more information about Psi Chi, visit http://psichi.org/.