- The Oglethorpe University e-mail system is the university's
official mode of electronic communication to and among faculty,
staff and students.
- The university and its faculty, staff and students will use
official Oglethorpe e-mail accounts (those labeled email@example.com)
to send university news, essential information, classroom
communications and official notices. Such communications will not
be sent to personal e-mail accounts such as "gmail," "hotmail," "aol" and
- Students are required to maintain current home addresses,
local addresses, phone numbers and emergency contacts with the
Office of the Registrar.
- In addition, both permanent home addresses and local addresses
will be used for official written communications, and students are
responsible for information mailed to these addresses of record.
Such communications may include midterm and final grade reports,
financial aid awards, library notices and student account
- It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that his or
her information of record is correct and to make all changes to
such information directly with the Office of the Registrar.
- Faculty or other staff offices may collect such student
information for their own purposes, but this does not constitute
an official notification of changes. Students must go to the
Office of the Registrar to make official changes or corrections to
their information of record in person.
- Faculty and staff are required to maintain current home
address, phone numbers, emergency contacts and beneficiaries on
file with the Office of Human Resources.
Adopted August 14, 2007