Demonstrate financial need (exception: Federal Unsubsidized
Stafford Loan and Federal PLUS Loan programs).
- Have a high school diploma or a General Education Development
(GED) certificate or pass an independently administered test
approved by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Be enrolled as a regular degree-seeking student in an eligible
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- Generally, have a social security number.
- Register with Selective Service, if required.
- Must not owe a refund on any grant or loan; not be in default
on any loan or have made satisfactory arrangements to repay any
defaulted loan; and not have borrowed in excess of the loan
limits, under Title IV programs, at any institution.
- Make satisfactory academic progress. Refer to the Academic
Policies Governing Student Financial Aid.
- May not be a member of a religious community, society, or
order who by direction of his or her community, society or order
is pursuing a course of study at Oglethorpe, and who receives
support and maintenance from his or her community, society, or