Frequently Asked Questions
Recommended Cell Phones
IT Services Policies
How do I access the Wireless Network from my computer?
Oglethorpe University has installed a campus-wide wireless network for faculty, staff, and student use. The network is available in all academic buildings, the academic quad, the library, the dorms, and on the patio deck behind Emerson.
To access the network, your computer must have either an 802.11g wireless adapter or an 802.11b wireless adapter.
- Click Start
- Click (Settings) Control Panel
- Click Network and Internet Connections
- Click Network Connections
- Double click your wireless network connection icon
- Click the Wireless Networks tab
- Double click OgleWLAN in the preferred networks box and click "Connect"
- Click "Connect Anyway" when asked about joining an unsecured network
Windows Vista and Windows 7:
- Click Start (Windows logo on the bottom left hand corner of the screen)
- Click "Connect To"
- Click on the OgleWLAN network, then click "Connect"
- You should receive confirmation that it has successfully connected
You are now ready to surf the Internet!