COMMENCEMENT 2015 is Saturday May 16! Please review graduation requirements below:
*Please refer to section 7.5 of the University Bulletin for complete graduation requirements.
To earn a baccalaureate degree from Oglethorpe University, the following requirements must be met:
- Completion of a minimum of 128 semester hours (120 for ADP students) and a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher on Oglethorpe course work. No more than four semester hours earned in Team Teaching for Critical Thinking, no more than eight hours of independent studies, and no more than 12 semester hours of internship are permitted to count toward the minimum semester hour requirement.
- A minimum of 64 semester hours (60 for ADP students) must be completed at Oglethorpe to earn an Oglethorpe degree with 52 of the last 64 hours (51 of the last 60 for ADP students) earned in residence. Courses taken at Atlanta Regional Council for Higher Education institutions on a cross-registration basis and courses in an approved study abroad program (with prior approval of the director of study abroad) count as Oglethorpe courses for the purpose of meeting this residency requirement.
- Satisfaction of core requirements (general education requirements for ADP students) and major field or dual degree requirements (see appropriate disciplinary headings for descriptions); completion at Oglethorpe of at least half the semester hours for each major. Also, student must successfully complete any additional officially declared academic programs, to include certificate(s) and/or minor(s) and/or a second major.
- Successful completion (grade of “S”) of at least one semester of First-Year Seminar (FYS-101 or OGL-101) or Fresh Focus (day students only).
- Completion of a minimum of 12 co-curricular “Petrel Points” (day students only for all first-time, first-year freshmen (transfer students exempt).
- Completion of the foreign language requirement for all students pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree.
- Submission of an application for degree to the registrar’s office by midterm in the fall prior to completion of degree requirements the following December, May or August. If a student does not graduate as anticipated, an updated application for degree must be submitted.
- Satisfaction of all financial and other obligations to the university and payment of a degree completion fee - due by April 30, 2015.
- Participation in assessments of competencies gained and curricular effectiveness by completing standardized or other tests and surveys.
- Formal approval of the faculty and Board of Trustees for graduation.