Evening Degree Program
Master of Arts in Teaching
CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERtm Program
Non-Credit Language Courses
Summers at OU
- Complete one of the following application forms:
- Pay the $40 application fee, either online or by sending a
check. Application fees will be waived for applications submitted and complete by November 15. Applications not completed by that date and that do not include the application
fee will not be processed.
- Print the recommendation form,
and ask a teacher or counselor to complete it and submit it to the
Office of Admission
- Request that your official high school transcripts and
official SAT/ACT scores be sent directly to the Office of
Admission. (A transcript is only official if it is marked as such
and mailed directly from your high school to the university. An
SAT/ACT score is only considered official if it is sent to the
university from your high school or from the testing institution
- A 250-word essay academic essay must be completed as part of the admission
application. Choose one of the following quotes as your inspiration:
- "Adventure is worthwhile in itself." Amelia Earhart, aviation pioneer, women's rights advocate and recipient of honorary Doctor of Public Service from Oglethorpe in 1935
- "Yours is not the task of making your way in the world, but the task of remaking the world which you will find before you." Franklin D. Roosevelt, American president and recipient of honorary Doctor of Laws degree from Oglethorpe in 1932
- "In a world where change is inevitable and continuous, the need to achieve that change without violence is essential for survival." Andrew Young, Civil Rights activist and recipient of honorary Doctor of Human Letters degree from Oglethorpe in 1990
- "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." Winston Churchill, Former Prime Minister of United Kingdom, the quote that inspired Oglethorpe's educational philosophy, "Make a life. Make a living. Make a difference."
The essay should be at least 250 words in length and should
include your name and social security number in the header of each
page. Please keep in mind that this is an academic essay. Content,
grammar, and presentation will all be important in the evaluation.
Use of un-original material (ex.: Internet essay sites) will
result in revocation of admission. This essay will also be used by
the scholarship committee to review scholarship candidates.
Essays may be mailed to the below address, or they may be emailed
in either Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format to
Please include "Application Essay" and your name in the subject
Note: All steps must be completed before your application at
Oglethorpe University will be processed! If you need assistance,
please call our Office of Admission toll free at 1.800.428.4484, or
locally at 404.364.8307.
All items may be mailed to:
Office of Admission
4484 Peachtree Road, N.E.
Atlanta, GA 30319