Home School Students
Oglethorpe University encourages academically talented students from
home school programs to apply for admission to the university.
Candidates will be evaluated individually on the basis of their
academic accomplishments and potential for success at Oglethorpe.
Students who earn a high school diploma through an accredited virtual or home school program
may simply follow the requirements outlined for first-year freshman admission.
Students who have completed high school graduation requirements
under a non-accredited home school program may be considered for admission if the
following information is provided:
- All other (non-transcript) requirements for first-time freshman admission.
- A portfolio recording all
high school work completed (including courses studied, textbooks,
assignments, and extracurricular achievements).
- A personal interview with a senior admission officer is recommended.
- Two recommendations (one from an instructor, coach, clergy, etc. other than a parent).
- A home school transcript (if applicable).